Throughout the European PVC Industry's voluntary commitment to non-heavy
metal heat stabilization systems, Kisuma Chemicals has pioneered the development of optimized halogen scavenging hydrotalcites for use in lead-free systems. ALCAMIZER® is the brandname for this range of environmentally friendly hydrotalcite products specifically designed to be used as halogen scavengers in heavy metal free stabilizer systems for PVC.
Designed for Performance
ALCAMIZER® products are generally considered to be the best of their kind. The exceptional stabilizing effect of ALCAMIZER® in PVC originates from its capability to effectively scavenge chloride ions that are released during thermal degradation of the polymer. ALCAMIZER® will exchange the carbonate in its crystal structure for available chloride ions. Since chloride ions bind strongly to the inorganic host, they are rendered harmless, preventing further acceleration of PVC degradation.
Advantages of ALCAMIZER®
- Suitable for Calcium Organic and Tin stabilizing systems for PVC
- Promotes excellent thermal stability and color hold for PVC applications
- Complies with all standard requirements for safety and handling
- Outstanding properties for transparency because its refractive index is similar to that of PVC
- Superior characteristics for dispersion, weatherability and compounding with high dosage levels
- Suitable for all types of PVC resin including suspension, emulsion, co-polymers and mixed polymers
Peace of Mind included
The performance properties of hydrotalcites depend mainly on their chemical composition, so precise process control over Mg, Al and Zn content, crystallization and removal of residual moisture are vital to ensure consistently high quality. ALCAMIZER® products are produced using automated processes that are carefully monitored by our quality control system to ensure your products retain superior heat stability and transparency. In addition, we always have sufficient ALCAMIZER® in stock to guarantee continuity and reliability for our customers around the world.
Available Product Grades
Many years of fruitful collaborations with industry leaders has resulted in our current portfolio of ALCAMIZER® products. We are sure that we have a solution for your specific needs.
- ALCAMIZER® 1: The industry standard
- ALCAMIZER® Plus: Improved heat stability
- ALCAMIZER® P93: Improved early coloring and weatherability due to implemented zinc in the hydrotalcite structure
- ALCAMIZER® WP: Special grade for window profile applications
- ALCAMIZER® CP: High transparency grade for clear PVC solutions
- ALCAMIZER® 2 / P93-2: Suitable for higher processing temperatures (e.g. CPVC)
- ALCAMIZER® 5: Special grade for PVC in contact with Polyurethane
Having trouble to determine the appropriate grade for your product? Contact our Marketing and Sales department and get inspired by the wide variety of PVC applications for which ALCAMIZER® has already worked wonders. Our experienced product managers are ready to support you with all your enquiries.